<< Previous - Next >>

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal


In the 17th century the NieuwezijdsVoorburgwal was an open canal, right behind Dam Square. On the quays small markets arose. In front of current café Scheltema was the Melkmarkt (Milk market). From 1660 on it became the Pijpenmarkt (Pipe market), extending to the Sint Luciënsteeg. On that location is now the wooden kiosk.
Kiosks date from the 13th century. They came to our country from Persia and Turkey. They evolved into garden houses, bandstands and information bureaus.

Autumn leaves
Location unknown
Taiga/ Shutterstock

Formats and prices

Large: not available

Small: about 100x68cm
Edition: 2
Price (framed): Eur 1150,00

Piëzo inkject print on 300grs paper: about 60x41cm (Eur 375,00)